Monday 23 March 2009

Clubbed To Deaf


I've been 18 for a month and a half now, and have visited a few different clubs. Outside of those clubs that do not require ID to get into them, that is.

Travelling to a club is nothing new to me. I'd been in several before reaching that magical age at which you can start to drink legally and not feel guilty about breaking the law (pahaha! Like hell anyone ever does!) when doing it. And I enjoy waddling out on to the dancefloor to "get my groove on" (even if my dancing style is, as Pete calls it, "a good impression of a person having an epileptic fit". Possibly the
only reference I will ever get that links me to Ian Curtis).

We all know what's irritating though:

Not being able to hear yourself fucking think.

I'm a fervent supporter of good, loud music shattering your eardrums into the early hours of the morning, mind you. But it's the muffled feeling you get in the hours that ensue that frustrates me most. I just got back from a club in Brentwood, and the tapping away at the keyboard resembles the sounds you hear in slow motion.

No, I haven't taken anything, geez! You take me for your common junkie? Would a junkie have their own blog? Hmm, maybe they would...but all the articles would look like this:

"Need a fix. Need a fix. Got a fix. Need another fix."
"Stole a car radio to get a fix today. Now I wish I'd stolen it from someone else's car."
"Need a fix. Dealer didn't have the hash today. So I kicked the crap out of him, and checked his pockets. Yeah, he didn't have any hash on him..."
"Need a fix. NEED a fix."

Et cetera, et cetera.

Why am I complaining about this? To be honest, it doesn't bother me a great deal at all. And I wouldn't stop club crawling because of it. I'm just an imbittered old man *sarcasm*! Plus, I feel greatly indebted to Kavi; I've owed him
some sort of blog post for months now! And this doesn't even fit the bill! Don't worry, Mr. P, your delivery has been held up at customs. Something about a mysterious ticking noise...and one lazy-ass Chris.

Sorry, I can't hear you! Speak up, dagnabit!

Aww, screw it. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Wategwann said...

yay clubbing is ultra fun! 8-) i liked ur impersonation of a junkie, perhaps that poetry was inspired by some personal experience ay:p oooh the promise of posts to come makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! good stuff;)

Flame said...

How do you come up with these puns? "Clubbed to Deaf" - Genius!