Sunday 31 August 2008

Re: Turn


Hello readership! How many of you there are out there, at least. Think the number might be up to 2! The excitement!

Sorry for the inactivity as of late: my wireless router went on the fritz over a week ago. Seriously. Started smoking and everything *shock*. Told it to get a nicotine patch and cut it out, but it wouldn’t listen (the few of you that heard me say that earlier today, apologies for repeating it, but I would have written it anyway). Damn technology nowadays; always temperamental.

Then I went to Somerset for a few days. Came back to a house minus the Internet…let me tell you something, you simply cannot understand how much you miss the Internet until it’s gone. Close friend of mine lost his for 3 weeks; I’m surprised he kept his sanity!

What should I say first, I wonder? Well, at this present moment in time, I’m itching for a drink of some sort. Thirsty, if you catch my drift. I can’t see how you wouldn’t; I said I was thirsty, didn’t I? Gosh, you would think some people would follow. Not follow suit or anything like that. I’m not trying to tell you to have a drink, am I? That gets me, in fact. I feel like musing with the idea of mind control through writing:

You suddenly feel the urge to look in your refrigerator, and consume the contents of a bottle of non-toxic liquid.

Go ahead.

YOU’RE THIRSTY.

YOU’RE THIRSTY.

YOU’RE THIRSTY.

YOU’RE THIRSTY.

Bet you’re feeling pretty hungry right now, aren’t you?

The last thing I have to say on my return is how I’m loathing the looming re-arrival to school next week. Summer has flown in and out of the window so quickly; there’s hardly been a chance to catch the breeze. Back to the old grindstone.

Enjoy what’s left of your Sunday evening.

No comments: